Monday, December 16, 2013

love languages, anyone?

So, I think I used to be more of a hugger than I am now.  Don't get me wrong, I love hugging someone, especially when I haven't seen them for awhile.  I have a few friends who are really good huggers.  My mom is a great hugger!  I come from a family of huggers... some are even kissers, but we won't get into that.

Yet, over the last five years, I've birthed three very dependent, very touchy minions, who would love nothing more than to velcro themselves to me and hang from my shirt all day.  With that picture in mind, a long hug isn't high on my list of giving and receiving love.   To be real honest, sometimes it makes me feel like I'm suffocating.

But this 12 days of giving isn't about me, is it?  I have to keep reminding myself of that fact.

Some people really, really need a good hug--a hug that conveys more than just a pat on the back.  They need to know that people are patient, caring, and sympathetic to their needs.



It's funny, but as I work my way down this list, I find myself asking God, "what do you want this to look like?"  And I find that I'm not just giving to one person, but to more than that.

Isn't that what giving is all about though--expanding your desires to give even more?


No comments:

Post a Comment