Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Walking it Away

When we were dating, my husband and I went on several walks together. Of course, we both love nature and being out in it, but the main reason, I think, was that we didn't have a lot of money to do much else.

Still, those walks generated some deep and meaningful conversations--deep theological discussions, whether we'd celebrate Christmas or not, and how many children we wanted to have. Relationally, walks developed who were were as a couple.

Spiritually, walking allows me to process and pray my thoughts to God. I can eliminate some pent-up anger, and expel my frustrations as I open my eyes up to the glory around me. There's nothing like a wide-open swath of billowing white on blue to help me gain some perspective.

And I need that constant reminder of my life, my purpose and what doesn't matter. For me, God uses walking to get me back to His place.

No comments:

Post a Comment