Monday, December 14, 2009

What in the World?

Okay, I'll admit it; my world is often way too small. Shamefully, my highest priority is often my own comfort. I would be more than a little embarrassed to share with you the attitudes and thoughts that limp through my mind when I contemplate the broader picture--those outside my little sphere. In fact, I can't even make myself type them. Yet, I will tell you this: as far as I am from where God desires me to be, I am still a treasured part of this world. Me? Me. Yes, He has called me to a specific purpose (probably not what I think) and has given me passions and talents to pursue (probably not in the way I anticipate) and ultimately, my comfort is of little consequence... either here nor later.

So my confession is this: I'm a pretty selfish person. I get crabby when I don't get 8 hours of sleep; yet people all across the world are not sleeping because of work, health, or tragedy. I hate to feel rejected and unwanted; sadly, people all across this planet don't have one true friend and many will die never understanding what love is. I struggle to be content and am always looking to the next phase; yet some people cannot even imagine the next day or would even want to.

It's easy for me to focus on the negative, but sometimes I just need to slap myself, "What in the world is wrong with you, Kristin?" Ultimately? Eternally? Thankfully--nothing. God has covered me and redeemed me and calls me His. And I have so much to be grateful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment