Thursday, March 8, 2012

Flipping It

Thankfulness is a choice. Because if you're like me, it's a whole lot easier to focus on what is not going right than what is. After all, the problems are what need the attention for a solution. And I'm a fixer, people.

Today, I felt more than a little grumbly (yes, it's a word now: a cross between grumpy and grumbling). The nasty wetness was interfering with my morning grocery shopping plans. Landon and Maddie were attempting a new form of communication with one another--screaming. And I had to fill out jury duty forms for the third time since I've been married; that's just ridiculous.

My foul mood was taking over and needed some discipline. So, this is thankful Thursday... think. Flip it around.

I'm grateful for the rain that is nurturing the daffodils and pear blossoms.
I'm thankful for my two healthy kids who can speak, hear, see, and run.
I'm thankful for money to buy food--and lots of it. We've never gone hungry.
I'm thankful for a toasty warm house and a heating system that requires nothing on my part (except an exorbitant electric bill... Oh yes, ahem... gratitude)
I'm thankful for a hard-working husband who takes so much weight of responsibility off my shoulders--financially, emotionally, mentally, physically, spiritually (what a true leader of our home!)
I'm thankful for brief moments of peace where I can catch my breath, focus my thoughts, and rest my feet.
I'm thankful for a God that never grows tired, fatigued, or impatient. He's always listening, always loving, always giving me strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment