Thursday, February 2, 2012

Between the Rays

Be patient, therefore, brothers,[a] until the coming of the Lord. See how the farmer waits for the precious fruit of the earth, being patient about it, until it receives the early and the late rains. 8 You also, be patient. Establish your hearts, for the coming of the Lord is at hand. 9 Do not grumble against one another, brothers, so that you may not be judged; behold, the Judge is standing at the door. 10 As an example of suffering and patience, brothers, take the prophets who spoke in the name of the Lord. 11 Behold, we consider those blessed who remained steadfast. You have heard of the steadfastness of Job, and you have seen the purpose of the Lord, how the Lord is compassionate and merciful. ~James 5:7-11

In our James study this morning, Beth Moore took us through these verses and gave us a session title Between the Rains. If we seek Him, we will find Him. (Deut. 4:29). And I'll share her five points with you, because they so encouraged me.
1. Accept the beauty of the process.
2. Actively acknowledge God's faithfulness.
3. Avoid a caustic undercurrent.
4. Ignite fresh resolve through the stories of others. (Romans. 8:26/Ex. 2:24/Heb.12:1/Gal. 4:6)
5. Ask of God like much is at stake. (I Kings 18:41:46)
[James Mercy Triumphs by Beth Moore]

I don't know about you, but sometimes I feel like a swinging lunatic. Some days, I'm overwhelmed with hope, joy, and perspective. And then other times seem like I'm stuck in a pit, unable to see anything but mud. But we all go through seasons. "You need to understand the laws of the harvest--He hasn't moved to other ground, He's moved underground. Continue to walk out your faith without sight (rain). The rain is coming." Beth Moore

Right now, I feel the rain. I know He's teaching me and wow, do I feel His conviction (every minute almost). I don't question the rain; I feel like I'm in vicious downpour... with a little hail mixed in.

Yes, I'm overwhelmed with the presence of my sin,
my hypocrisy,
my selfishness,
and my lack of joy.

The world is dense with meaning and I'm getting so much rain, I'm walking in mud.

No, what I crave right now, is a little sunlight--some warmth to dry my clothes and remind me that I'm loved despite it all. I need some rays through the forest. And they come. I may not "feel" the warmth, but it's there. It's always there because His love never changes. So, today I'm going to do a little sun-bathing and let my failings rest in His more-than-capable hands.

We can do this, friend. This journey through the woods is short, no matter how long it may seem. Faithfully, hold on to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment