Thursday, January 26, 2012

A Reminder

Yesterday was a rough day in the security department. Not that any day is really easy, right? But some days feel like a wool sweater--you're aware of the discomfort, but it doesn't affect you too much. Wednesday felt more like barbed wire. My personal esteem dropped several points. Why? Because of people. Because of words attacking me as a mother, a teacher, a person. Because of neglect. Because of slander. Because of not being truly known.

Sharing my frustration with some close sisters, I received solid truth back--reminders of who I am in Christ (regardless of what other people say to me).


Read the lyrics to this song and let its truth impact your spirit.
I will change your name
You shall no longer be called Wounded, outcast, lonely or afraid
I will change your name
Your new name shall be
Confidence, joyfulness, overcoming one
Faithfulness, friend of God
One who seeks My face


And another sister encouraged me to believe in the strengths that she sees in me: aspects that I graciously receive from her... in faith. Why is it easier to believe the bad things people say about us over the good?

These words from Beth Moore soothed my soul further:
Have you ever feared that someone would cease loving you?
Not only have I feared it. I've experienced it!
God has carefully and graciously allowed
some of my fears to come true so I would discover
that I would not disintegrate. God taught me
to survive on His unfailing love. It wasn't fun, but it was transforming!
The one thing neither you nor I could survive
is the loss of God's love, and that is a loss we will never have to try.
His love endures forever.
That's what is meant when the Scripture says
that "perfect love drives out fear."

Such love has no fear, because perfect love expels all fear. 1 John 4:18

Today I am thankful for truth. That what God says of us is reliable (even when we don't feel it). That He never lies to us or leaves us outcast. And today I am thankful for those people in my life who remind me of the truth--who breathe life back into my crumpled spirit.


No comments:

Post a Comment