Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Celebrating

As my mom says, "There's always a reason to celebrate." And right you are! This year, as one of my resolutions, I am choosing to celebrate more, enjoy the moments, have fun with my kids, and bring in more laughter and memories to this otherwise overly-analytical and serious home. (Aaron does help balance me, thank goodness.)

I'm going to use the not-so-traditional holiday calendar to help me achieve that.
Here's one that looks like fun. Did you know that Sherlock Holmes' birthday is January 6th and Cookie Monster's is November 2nd? Popcorn day is the 19th of this month and there is even a Bubble Wrap Appreciation Day, which I think must have been created for my daughter.

You don't have to spend a lot of money to make the evening fun and memorable. Pull out the creative stops. And celebrate!

2 comments:

  1. love that! i will have to remember that calendar in coming years!

    i once had a birthday party with the sparks' kids...for my car, when it rolled over 100,000 miles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun idea, Amy. 100,000 miles is definitely something to celebrate. :)

    ReplyDelete