Thursday, August 26, 2010

Thankful Thursday

My heart is reluctant at gratitude. Due to my tendency to be critical and pessimistic, I wrongly focus on the negative in most cases and get sinful tunnel vision. This morning was no different. After taking two hours to go to sleep last night, I managed about 5 or 6 hours of sleep before Maddie woke up crying again. Although this amount is high for most young mothers, being pregnant, I feel like I'm always exhausted and irritable, and then I get even more frustrated when my body is tired and I just lay awake, demanding myself to go to sleep. Part of my irritability is due to an utter lack of quiet time for myself--my own fault, I realize full well. So, this more I really had to "work" and "practice" thankfulness. I just went down the alphabet (as corny as it sounds) to focus my mind and get my heart into a more open and beautiful state. Here's my list; perhaps you need to form your own today.

Aroma therapy
Bed
Christ's work
Dreams
Eggs
Flowers
God's grace
Hope
Ice cream pie
Jesus
King of kings
Laughter
Music
Newness
Opportunities
Peace
Quiet
Regent University (my wonderful job!)
Summer breaks
Tides
Umbrellas
Victories
Water
Yams
Zippers

No comments:

Post a Comment