Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Tuesday Trips: the creative writer in you

As many of my readers know, I moonlight as a online professor. So, composition, essays, editing, and the like demand weekly attention. Being passionate about writing, especially the fictional variety, I thought it would be fun to post a little assignment (*gulp*--not a fan of that word) and see what fun you can have concocting a little story or poem. Ready?

1. Try to recall your vacation history (for some it is vast...others--kidda skimpy); make a list of four or five vacations that were the most memorable (recent or past).

2. For each one you listed, freewrite for a few minutes.
~Things I expected
~Things I got
~Things that cheered or bummed me

3. Choose the vacation that you believe holds the most creative promise, and work on a poem, story, or essay that focuses on the high and low points.

No comments:

Post a Comment