Thursday, December 10, 2009

Thankful Thursday: Perspective

Today, I am thankful that I live in an era with central heat and air. Yes, the electric bills may be unwelcome during the winter months, but I never have to worry about being warm, chopping wood, or getting up in the middle of the night to stoke the fire.

I am thankful that I have a home and a job that allows me to stay home. Yes, sometimes I feel like the cabin fever will drive me to insanity, but I never have to worry about my baby girl going to a daycare and being raised by someone other than her parent.

I am thankful for a body that cooperates and gives me full abilities. Yes, I don't always feel rested or "happy" or even capable, but I can see (with the fortunate use of contacts) and I can walk (without assistance) and hear (without aids) and taste all the wonderful foods God created (don't you hate it when a stuffy nose robs you of this ability?).

I am blessed by a husband that loves me (he is supportive, kind, patient, loyal, and selfless), a baby girl that makes me laugh and enjoy the simple aspects of life, and a community of believers that seek to diligently glorify God with all they are.

Our thankful hearts truly are all about our perspectives on life.

No comments:

Post a Comment