Saturday, December 7, 2013

Thank You...

...for letting me be real, honest... yes, even blunt.  Those that know me best say I thrive in the world of "speak your mind."  This blogosphere obscurity allows me the freedom to verbally vomit when my stomach gets a little too full or just... a little too queasy with life... or I need a confessional, or I want to escape for a little while.

One of the classes I am finishing up right now is ENGL 310:  Writing for the Web.  As it's my first time teaching it, I'm learning my fair share of insights as well.
My students are submitting essays on the responsibility of Christian writers in the web world.  What a platform for the Great Commission, and what a scary minefield, especially when we consider verses such as ""But I tell you that every careless word that people speak, they shall give an accounting for it in the day of judgment. For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned."(Matthew 12:36-37).


for this "speak-first-think-later" girl, I know I've got a major need of God's redemptive blood.  Writing is cathartic for me, yes, but I have to be careful to avoid the profane with my words--not using this medium as a forum for negligence.  For all our words have consequences (good and bad) and I am not without responsibility just because I don't see my listeners.

So, as we walk toward a new year, I'd like to know what you'd like me to talk about.  For although this blog is really for me (being honest again), I do want it to be for you too. I want it to be a source of encouragement, understanding, and exhortation.  Let me know what you think.


No comments:

Post a Comment