Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Dreaming


Eight years ago, Zach and I had the privilege to go to Ireland, all expenses paid. The trip was incredible, taking us through the romantic boughs and the ancient ruins of a land with ten times more history than ours. We were able to taste the castle life, the country life, and the districts in between.


But my favorite area, by far, was the southwest section of the country--more specifically, the Ring of Kerry. Little thatched cottages with twirling smoke and scattered sheep dot the coastal ring. Pictures just can't capture the serene scope.

Someday I'd like to go back, as it's the only country Aaron has a lot of interest in visiting. Since the kids are little, a long flight would prove more challenging than we'd like, and putting the Atlantic Ocean between us and then is not something I want to do either. So... we've been talking about saving up (with my sister-in-law's mad skills, we could do it with relative affordability) and taking our family before our first child leaves the nest.

So, right now, I have to be content to dream and revisit those memories from '03--take a trip with my thoughts. :)

Where do you dream of going?

No comments:

Post a Comment