Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Peace & Quiet

In a world swirling with electronic waves, sounds and sights overwhelm the senses. The challenge lies in finding a chink of time to be still, to hear... nothing, to watch... nothing--to be in quiet.

For some of you, quiet brings an uncomfortable status, but the question must be asked, "if we're never quiet, how are we supposed to fully hear God's voice?"

As we approach the season of Lent, a time of remembering, repenting, and sacrifice, I'd encourage you all to give up sound. I realize that giving up all electronic devices is next to impossible, especially for 40 days--I myself can't do it because of my job alone--but we can give up time in the day, each day, when we shut off our phones, our computers, our I Pods and TVs. It is possible. And it's a good way to sacrifice in order to gain some quality listening time with the Lord.

What are you giving up for Lent?

No comments:

Post a Comment