Monday, November 15, 2010

Peace Comes Through Abiding

When people crave peace in their lives, sometimes they err when they seek God's hands over his heart. Peace comes through knowing our Lord--for he himself is peace--and living in trust and obedience to him. Any other option won't lead us to peace. Listen to what God has to say.

Psalm 29:11
The LORD blesses his people with peace.

Psalm 34:14
*Turn from evil and do good; seek peace and pursue it.

Psalm 32:17
The fruit of righteousness will be peace; the effect of righteousness will be quietness and confidence for ever.

Psalm 37:37
Consider the blameless, observe the upright; there is a future for the man of peace.

Psalm 85:8
*I will listen to what God the Lord will say; he promises peace to his people, his saints--but let them not return to folly.



Isaiah 26:3
*You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.


Isaiah 54:10
"Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD, who has compassion on you.

Isaiah 55:12
You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace; the mountains and hills will burst into song before you, and all the trees of the field will clap their hands.

Isaiah 57:19
Creating praise on the lips of the mourners in Israel. Peace, peace, to those far and near, "says the Lord. "And I will heal them."

Malachi 2:5
*My covenant was with him, a covenant of life and peace, and I gave them to him; this called for reverence and he revered me and stood in awe of my name.

Matthew 11: 28-30
*"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

John 14:27
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. *Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

John 16:33
"I have told you these things so that in me you may have peace"


Romans 5:1
Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,


2 Thessalonians 3:16
Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times and in every way. The Lord be with all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment