Monday, January 25, 2010

whew...

Well, two things happened yesterday that caused immense gratitude this morning. Sunday morning, I woke up with my right eye showing signs of irritation--bloodshot. As the day progressed, the situation there did not improve and it felt sore and itchy. Being a hyper-sensitive eye person (I got a hanger caught across my eye as a child), and having hypochondriac symptoms already, I feared the worst--pink-eye. Ugh, how the thought gives me shudders. I've had it and it isn't pleasant, but more over I didn't want my daughter to contract it. So, I added eye-drops, pressed tea bags to my eyes, and prayed. This morning, it feels fine. PRAISE God. It just takes a little something like that to remind you that your body's full functioning is not something to take for granted.

Last night, Aaron and I watched Bella for the first time. All I can say is it's a good thing I didn't watch that movie while I was pregnant; it was bad enough now. Yes, I wept. The pain was just too easy to relate to, and so I cried, and cried so more--the salt was probably good for my eye though. :) And after the movie, Aaron and I just went into Maddie's room and watched her sleep. Although the sleeping infant was snoring, she still looked like a cherub, and we were overcome with gratitude for the life God has given us.

So, today, I am thankful for healthy eyes that can see (at least with the aid of modern technology) and for a precious child that makes me laugh, cry, and burst with joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment