Not sure where your perch rests but as mine is in Missouri, we are snuggled in a fair dusting of snow. If you live further north, you probably are drenched in the frosty goodness. And although snow sparkles and purifies the winter landscape, I really, really detest cold weather and the shocking electric bills that accompany those months. My husband often has to work overnight, plowing the resort, and I feel bound to my house more than I truly like to be.
So, this Tuesday, if you can't take a little trip or it just feels too cold to make the traditional snowman or angel, try some of these fun indoor experiences.
1. Lay out a blanket on the carpet, make fried chicken (or other picnic fair) and roast marshmellows over candles (preferrably soy unscented ones) ;)
2. Try dancing to a new jazzy cd. Get your friends or kids involved. See if you can put together a short dance routine.
3. Go through old photo albums or clean out a closet and take a walk down memory lane.
4. Pick a favorite movie and make something feature in that movie. Eat it and watch the movie with a friend. *Chocolat* anyone? Mmmm...
5. Go bowling with plastic cups and a beachball. Use your hallway as the alley. Kids LOVE this one.
Any other tips for curing cabin fever?