Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Worry-free Wednesday

Music contains some persuasive powers over my emotions. Even without words, the melodies can conjure up feelings of sadness, elation, rage, or energy. One song that has been a classic favorite over the years is Louis Armstrong's What a Wonderful World. It just makes me happy. Perhaps it's the combination of lyrics and music. Who knows. But seemingly, the only disadvantage to the song is how short it is. I always thought numerous verses could have been added, and it's always over long before I am ready for it to be.
I see skies of blue, clouds of white, the bright blessed day, the dark sacred night... and I think to myself... what a wonderful world.
The colors of the rainbow, so pretty in the sky, are also on the faces of people going by. I see friends shaking hands, saying "how do you do?"... They're really saying, "i love you,"
I see babies cry; I watch them grow. They'll learn much more than I'll ever know. And I think to myself... what a wonderful world.

So, if you could add a verse to this song, what would it be? Do share.

1 comment:

  1. I see trees that sway, and waves that dance, the birds that sing and a sweet romance and I think to myself, what a wonderful world.

    ReplyDelete